You agree to abide by these terms & conditions by placing an order/ making a purchase through this electronic publication, by telephone, mail or email.
1. Dispatch Policy. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure that all items shown are in stock we offer no guarantee of availability and this electronic publication does not constitute an offer for sale. We endeavour to dispatch goods within 3 (three) working days of cleared payment (excluding weekends and National Holidays) although during unexpected sale peaks delays may occur. If we are unable to despatch your complete order within quoted timescales due to shortages, you will not be charged for the cost of the missing items and associated shipping costs or if your payment method was by PayPal or Bank Transfer we will refund you for the cost of the missing items unless we have been notified by you of other instructions at the time of placing the order in the 'Your notice to us' box provided at checkout. If you require your order urgently please email prior to placing the order so we can check current stock levels.
1a. Processing. All orders are processed on a first come first served basis. We believe all customers should be treated equally and will not prioritise one order over that of another.
2. Prices and Tax. The price shown for the goods excludes postage and packing. The actual charges for postage and packing are shown in the Checkout and before you are asked to pay for the order. If you require your goods to be sent insured please choose the express option (if available) when ordering, as with this option a tracking code will be posted to your order update page if your a registered customer upon dispatch. Choosing express delivery will not speed up processing time but it will speed up delivery time. The price you pay at checkout will include delivery.
2a. Types of delivery. All national deliveries are sent by either Royal Mail 2nd Class post (economy), Collect+ or if Express option is available and requested Special Delivery will be used for orders below 2kg. Collect+, Parcelforce or similar courier may be used on orders over 2kg.
Overseas orders are dispatched by Royal Mail Airmail (economy) or Royal Mail International Signed For (express) or Airsure if available.
2b. Customs & Excise. Customs advise people purchasing goods over the internet to be aware that when those goods arrive from overseas they will be subject to Customs controls.
In some cases this means:
duty and GST may be payable;
it may be a prohibited import and require a permit before it is allowed into the country; or
it may be a prohibited import and not allowed into the country under any circumstance and will be seized by Customs for destruction
Delivery to non-European Union countries may result in import duties being required to be paid on receipt of the goods, or in the case of prohibited items, seizure of goods. You agree under our terms and conditions of sale to be liable for these duties and in the case of seizure to accept full legal responsibility and to acknowledge that a refund under either of these circumstances will not be made.
It is advisable to contact your Customs & Excise department prior to placing an order to ascertain the legal requirements for the importation of goods into your country.
2c. Discounts. Any discounts offered in relation to total products/value purchased are offered excluding shipping cost.
2d. Payment. Please make cheques payable to MR D R CLARKE. Unfortunately we are unable to accept cheques or Money Orders from outside the United Kingdom due to the excessive charges made by the bank. All cheques must be in English Sterling drawn on a United Kingdom Bank. Cheques take approx 7 to 10 days to clear with the banks so if you require you order more urgently we recommend that you pay by other means.
Our bank can accept Fastpay, details of which are available by choosing Bank Transfer at checkout. Overseas customers please pay via the online shopping cart to the real time payment service PayPal, Google Wallet, Bank Transfer, credit/debit card, or by cash. We accept £ sterling GBP or Euro's only when receiving cash as payment. If you are shopping from outside of the UK your credit card company will automatically convert the transaction to your own currency.
Payment by credit card. The system checks all card information, registered card holder address, postal code, CVC security number and verified email address to reduce card fraud. Please make sure you enter all details accurately when paying by credit/debit card or your payment will be refused. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
If you intend to pay by other means it is advisable to print two copies of the order, one to send with payment and the other for your reference, as is required by English law. We cannot take legal responsibility if you chose not to print a copy of the order form for your reference.
We do accept Bank Transfer details for which will be made available at checkout.
All orders must be paid for in full before they will be sent to you. We do not send orders on approval and we do not give credit so please do not ask, as you will be refused without exception.
3. Cancellation and Returns.
If you are not satisfied with the goods you have a right to cancel the contract within 14 days from receipt, return the goods and receive either a full refund of your monies or replacement goods. Due to the nature of the products (Food stuffs) goods must be returned unopened in a resaleable condition. Products cannot be returned once they have been opened due to hygiene regulations and are exempt from the Distance Selling Regulations and EU Consumer Rights Directive. Missing contents will be replaced at the discretion of the management.
Please send an e-mail to us before you return goods indicating the reason for your return. Please wrap the package securely and include order number with your returned items for identifaction purposes. We will notify you by e-mail of your refund once we have received, inspected and processed the returned item. Return postage is the responsibility of the buyer and will only be refunded if goods are proven to be faulty, or sent in error.
Refunds will be initiated either by direct refund to your card if you paid using a debit/credit card, direct payment to your paypal account if you paid using paypal and by cheque in English Sterling (GBP) if you paid using another accepted method of payment.
3b. Custom Items. In the case of ordering custom made items you forfeit this right and agree to be liable to all costs incurred for the aforesaid products.
4. Usage. The purchaser of a pure essential oil, herb, or other products supplied by Abbey Botanicals or associated companies undertakes to use the components in a responsible manner in the way they were intended. Abbey Botanicals will not be held responsible for any damages occurring from misuse of their products. Pure essential oils are meant for external use only and should not be taken internally, placed too near the eyes or used by anyone allergic to their contents and should be stored out of reach of children.
Pregnant women or those suffering from a medical condition should check with their doctor before using herbs, pure essential oils, or other aromatics/botanicals. Children should be supervised at all times while using our products. Keep herbs, pure essential oils, and associated products out of reach of children.
6. Jurisdiction. The Contract will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties to the Contract submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
7. Privacy. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2000) and we will not knowingly or willingly disclose it to a third party without your explicit consent.
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order or enquiry, and second to provide you with the best possible service.
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us in the future.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. Please bear in mind the shopping cart will not work correctly if you refuse to accept cookies and advise if you are worried to delete the cookie upon exiting the website.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should email us at email@example.com
8. Security. All transactions are protected by 128-bit SSL encryption. If you have any queries about security please contact David Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Complaint Handling Procedure. Complaints will be dealt with speedily, fairly, and effectively and all information exchanged will be confidential. We guarantee to respond to all complaints within three working days (excluding weekends and public holidays) and to notify the customer as to the likely timescale and progress of the solution. Our complaints procedure will be regularly reviewed to make sure it meets with all relevant codes of practice.
10. Consumer Rights. Please aware you are entering into a legally binding contract. None of the above Terms & Conditions affects your statutory consumer rights.
11. Disclaimer. Any information included in this electronic publication/website has been collected from reputable sources, purely for your interest, and does not under any circumstances constitute, as a claim on behalf of Abbey Botanicals.
Unfortunately, due to the European Directive on Traditional Herbal Medicinal Products (THMPD) formally The Directive 2004/24/EC amending, it is illegal for us to make medicinal claims regarding herbs & associated products or give medical advice or dosages, please do not ask, as we are not qualified medical professionals and it would be irresponsible of us to give you this information. Abbey Botanicals does not claim to be a qualified herbal practitioner or beautician therefore cannot provide you with any medical assistance regarding the consumption or use of any of the products sold on this website. We do not sell medicinal herbs rather all our items are sold on the basis they are used for cosmetic, craft and culinary usage and supply under the agreement that our products are not being purchased for use for the treatment of medical ailments or disease.
All information shown in this electronic publication is intended to be used for educational or informational purposes only. Any and all statements made about products offered on this website have not necessarily been evaluated and the results reported, if any, may not necessarily occur in all individuals. The products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease and that if you purchase any of our products you confirm they are not be used for medicinal purposes.
In relation to culinary and cosmetic ingredients please seek medical advice before use if you are pregnant, breast feeding or suffer from any known illness which could be adversely affected. Always partake in doing skin tests prior to use and no claim is made on the effectiveness of any product supplied by Abbey Botanicals.
12. Company information. Abbey Botanicals, abbeybotanicals.co.uk & abbeybotanicals.com are the trading names of Abbey Botanicals.
3 The Wylde
Tel. +44 (0)1568 770832
Proprietor. David R Clarke